“Fun with Social Studies”
Inquiry Question: How can we use drama strategies to bring the new social studies curriculum to life?
Margaret Boersma engages teachers in the new Social Studies, History and Geography Curriculum document focusing on inquiry and drama strategies to inspire learning. Using the big ideas, teachers learn how to create cross-curricular inquiry based programs using a variety of drama strategies such as hot seating, role-play, teacher in role and mantel of the expert. A handout and additional resources will be shared in this enjoyable and practical workshop.
4 Key Messages:
- Inquiry and discovery are fun
- Cross-curricular, inquiry based learning is natural for students
- Drama is a strong hook
- Collaboration, decision making and presentation skills are built in
- Understand inquiry based learning
- Know how to assess
- Integrate drama as a key component
- See openings for integrating other subjects
- Begin planning a unit
Turn around your school through embodied learning. Contact Margaret Boersma at email@example.com or 647 881-6958.