Alive – Focus on Your Well Being
Inquiry: How can we thrive with all our external and internal demands?
This dynamic workshop focuses on educators rejuvenating through the arts. This experiential workshop allows educators to nurture their spirits immersed in the arts through drumming, story, movement and visual arts with the theme of work/life balance. “Alive” is a powerful discovery of the question, “How can we thrive with all our external and internal demands?” Teachers learn in and through four art forms, music, drama, dance and visual arts using expectations/standards from other subjects. Participants are supported in creating their own integrated unit while putting student and teacher well-being strategies in place.
- Relieve stress and revitalize through the arts
- The arts can be taught with a sense of adventure and playfulness
- Learn through play and inquiry experiencing learning as a student
- Integrate multiple subjects under a theme
- Enhances a sense of self and balance in life
- Express ideas and feelings through drumming, story, movement and visual arts
- Learn to use minimal preparation to share a powerful assembly piece
- Create goals, plan a cross-curricular unit
- Experiential learning through inquiry and discovery deepens the learning